Thursday, October 07, 2004

No more yankie my wankie

Donger hungover...I'm shakin' like a Polaroid picture...

We had so much fun last night, but I am paying for it this morning. I woke up 10 minutes before I was supposed to leave the house. I'm here. I made it and boy was it worth the fun.

We first met some friends up at Buffalo Wild Wings. We live there. 2nd time this week. Nat and Lyn were already there, but hadn't been able to get a table so they were sharing a table with an older guy. When we walked up, he immediately invited us to sit down and ordered us a beer. "Whatever you guys want, I got it." We hadn't even met the guy yet. It was almost like we stepped into an alternate universe. It sounds weird, but the whole thing was just a little odd; not good odd or bad odd, just odd. Jim was animated and fun, telling us about his wife and his kids. His life in the oil & gas industry and how he had just sold a bunch of oil wells and made a killing. I don't know if that is why he wanted to pay for everything. If he was sharing his good fortune. Turns out he went to the same college as my hubby and as Lyn. Small world. Nat's boyfriend showed up and Jim bought him a drink too. 5 people he had never met in his life and here he is paying for our meal and our drinks. He invited us up to his ranch in Sherman. Turns out one of his kids played basketball at the same school as Nat's boyfriend's brother. Jim had a friend show up and it turns out that this guys knows one of hubby's roommates from college. Small World. The whole thing was weird and when we left all I could think of was, that was strange somehow. I couldn't pin point it, but the whole thing just felt weird. Jim paid for everything and asked for nothing in return. He seemed to enjoy so much just hanging out with us and talking. So, Jim, wherever you may be, bless you, you were fun.

We left BWW and went to Main Event. Kid stuff yeah! When we drove into the parking lot, there sat the epitome of Texas Redneck. A Ford F150 Extended Cab truck lifted so high on huge tires that I could stand under the truck. I took pictures, but since I am stuck in the old ages with a 35mm camera you will have to wait to see the glory of Texas.

We played games and games and games. Ski-ball. I love me some ski-ball. Rocked at it too! Old person moment: Instead of tokens, you buy a card with credits on it and you swipe it at each game and it keeps track of how much you have spent. So Julie and I are playing ski-ball and we finish our first game and we are both kneeling down looking for our tickets. Where are our tickets! Finally I went to ask one of the pimply faced teenagers where our tickets were. He looked at me like I was crazy and said, the card keeps track of your "tickets." Do I feel old or what? At the end of the night they swipe your card and tell you how many points you have. We drove cars and rode virtual roller coasters. I tried the virtual skateboarding game. My legs hurt when I was done, but I laughed the whole time I was playing. Julie and I decided to do the dancing game, the one where you have to step on the arrows. We FAILED. Horribly. And when you are done, that is exactly what the game says. FAILED. So the guys decided to try it out. I wish I had a video camera. My husband does not dance. Cannot dance. So here is a 31 year old man and a 38 year old man doing this dancing game. It was hilarious. And they kicked our butts. They still failed, but they had way more points than we got. Later two teenage guys showed us all up and passed perfectly.

Then we bowled. I have not bowled in years. I boycotted bowling for a long time, because I did so much bowling in day camp I had my fill. But we bowled and it was a blast. It was the first time hubby and I ever bowled together. Hubby bowling is one of the funniest things. He has this curve ball that he throws. Literally, it looks like a curve ball a pitcher in baseball would pitch. He puts his fingers in the holes, but not his thumb and he does this side angle curve throw. It was hilarious to watch. God I love him. He makes me laugh. I make him laugh. We have fun.

It took us forever to pick our prizes at the end of the night. We ended up with some nerf disc shooter thing simply because it said Shooter. We ended up with a mini plastic frog, some plastic clappers, a spongebob keychain and a stuffed Pluto. Aaaaaah, Good times.

No comments: