Thursday, December 09, 2004

Dorkus me version II

So I got home from Hannukah last night bout 9:30, did my stuff and went to bed. Snoooooze.

Cut to this morning. Alarm went off once and I hit the required snooze button. I lay there pretending like I might go back to sleep for a very long time. Long enough to realize that my alarm should have gone off again. First ignored clue. Time on clock 7:23 AM. I set my clock ahead half an hour even though I know it is set half an hour ahead, it works for me. I don't know WHY.

I got up, turned on the shower and shuffled my ass to the kitchen for coffee. I am still learning to use the coffee maker we got for our wedding, because although it is a year old, I chose not to use it until I moved into a house that is 35 minutes away from work... Moving right along. I have tried to learn to program my coffee maker so that I can set it the night before and wake up to coffee that can be poured directly into my mouth before my shower. Not so much. The first day it worked, yesterday it didn't. So this morning when I shuffled in and went to get my coffee and there was none, well I thought, duh, what did I do wrong? I don't have my glasses on yet and am squinting at the clock thingie and it says 6:00 AM. I hit program. 6:30 AM. Hit it again. 6:00 AM. Um, huh? Is this thing telling me it's 6:00 AM? Stand in kitchen confused looking for another clock. Realize house is not unpacked all the way and no clocks are up yet. Walk back to bedroom and look at cell phone. 6:01 AM. Look at alarm clock. 7:31 AM. SHIT!

Go back to kitchen, turn on coffee pot and get in shower. #$^@#$^%@$#

No comments: