Friday, February 16, 2007

Lighter fare in the form of weird

Ignore that last post. I was having a moment. It's over, or at least I'm pretending it is.

Now, back to that Weird Meme. A couple of nice wonderful people played along with my rules. As for the rest of you... oh, nothing.

Weird things about me, in no particular weird order.

1. As my sister so nicely put it, I frequently run into walls. True. I seem to have a balance issue, or usually it's just because I am walking too fast and I cut a corner too soon because I'm not paying attention. We call it wall ping pong here at home.

2. Becky said it's weird that we don't watch TV during the day when Boo Bear is awake. I guess in this day and age that is weird. I used to watch a lot of TV, especially on weekends. I would pretty much veg out all day. When we had Boo Bear, hubby and I decided that we didn't want her watching TV all day and that we would go ahead and start that out right, so no TV. The TV generally does not come on in our house until 7:35 PM at the earliest. Boo Bear goes to bed at 7:30.

3. I have an undiagnosed (except by me) sensory "disorder". I am very easily overwhelmed with noise "pollution." For example, I cannot talk on the phone if anyone is talking in the same room. I can't talk on the phone if the TV is on. I can't concentrate and I can't tune out the other noise which makes it hard for me to focus on the conversation I am trying to have. I can't stand repetitive noise, such as a basketball bouncing or a repetitive beeping noise.

4. I haven't been to the dentist in 7 years. Not sure if that is weird to you guys or just gross. I also haven't flossed in, oh I can't even remember how many years.

5. I don't watch Grey's Anatomy or Desperate Housewives and I never have. I may be the only female alive that doesn't watch at least one of those.

6. I like peaches, but I don't like anything that is peach flavored, such as Bellini's, candy, etc. Same with banana.

I will spare you all the tagging. If you want to do the meme and let us all know just how weird you are, leave me a comment or link to this post so I can come visit your weirdness.

No comments: