Monday, April 10, 2006

Happy Monday

Yesterday was one of those days where you want to crawl into bed and go to sleep in hopes of waking up in the next day. Savvy got some shots on Friday and was a crab most of the day, refusing to nap and screaming whenever I put her down. Normally she is a very happy baby and only cries when she is hungry or tired. That behavior makes it very hard to do anything at all.

I took her for a walk and she liked that. Getting the stroller out of the car, I managed to open it on my finger. Like, I got my pinkie caught between one pole and another as it tried to open almost breaking it, my finger, not the stroller. I jumped around the driveway in a manner that made the neighbors look at me funny -- the kind of little dance you might use to bring forth rain. Later as I tried to adjust the walker, I got another finger caught in between one part and another and couldn't get it out at all without a little maneuvering. At this point I just looked up at the ceiling and asked God for a little break as tears streamed down my face.

I am also dealing with a breastfeeding issue that I won't go into detail on, but let's just say that I cry when she feeds on one side.

Add to all this that I have had a cold sore for the last two months. I haven't had one in like 5 years, so I guess God thought I was due. I'm sure it has something to do with the stress of being a new mom, but good grief, I adjust pretty well. I miss kissing my baby and my husband. A lot!

I have also been dealing with a family matter that has caused many a bad dream and has to be resolved after two months. I'm tired and emotionally drained, but hope to deal with that this week and move forward towards a resolution that will work for both of us.

This morning looked like it was going to present another day of awfulness when I went to shake the creamer and the top opened, spraying vanilla creamer all over the floor. Add mop to my list of things to do today.

Savvy is in her crib crying because she has yet to nap today and needs one badly. I am working or so it appears.

May today be better than yesterday. Happy Monday.

No comments: