Sunday, February 04, 2007

Back in the swing of things

I finally did something for myself that I have been wanting to do for awhile. I joined the YMCA. I haven't worked out in about 3 years and it is time for me to get back into it. It's a little sad really considering I have a Kinesiology degree from UT and used to be a personal trainer and yet, I don't work out. Not exactly healthy.

So I joined the Y and it is going to be awesome because they have childcare! Yay! A necessity! And they have aerobics! Yay! Because I hate doing cardio! And they have weights, because if I want (I use that term loosely) to work out, it's usually with free weights. So, I hope to to set some goals on here and maybe I can be kept on track this time with your help.

So here are my goals. Ask me about them, ask me if I am doing them, ask, ask, ask away.

I will work out 3 x a week.

Doesn't seem like much, but it is when you are going from 0 to 3 in one week. Let's start small so our goal is attainable and maybe in a month we will bump that up to 4x a week.

1 comment:

Star said...

You go jazzy. That first step is the hardest. When you ft going, you will feel so good you will nt wantto stop. I learned long ago, as a Mom, the only way to make time for yourself is to take it off the top. If you wait til everything else s done you will never do anything for yourelf.