Monday, June 02, 2008

What is home to me?

Well, we know how dictionary.com defines Home, but what does Home mean to me?


Home is where my husband is. The husband that loves me unconditionally. The husband the works so hard to care for his family. The husband that empties the dishwasher for me in the morning so I have one less thing to do. The husband who kindly says, "I'll take over" when he sees I've reached my breaking point. The husband that is the father to my two beautiful girls. The husband who is patient and kind and loving and all the things I wished for and never thought I would get.

Home is where my children are. Where my Savvy runs around non-stop from 6, 7, or 8 am until 8 pm daily. Where her little voice can alternately drive me crazy and make my heart melt. Where my Gracie wakes me at 1 or 2 or 3 and 6 or 7 or 8 am to tell me she's hungry and feed me now before I wake up my sister. Where my Gracie watches her sister run around and smiles and talks to her.

Home is where my carpet is dirty, my tile is filthy, my tubs aren't clean and my toilets aren't scrubbed and I'm okay with that, because my kids are clean (ok, sometimes), the meals are cooked and my bed is oh so comfy when I fall into it at night. Home is where my stuff is, the stuff I could live without if I needed to, but the stuff that I have become comfortable with, even if some of that stuff is dirty.

BUT... all that is nothing compared to the home, my true home, in heaven which I look forward to most of all.

No comments: