Wednesday, November 03, 2010

One Thousand Gifts

holy experience
It's November and that means that Thanksgiving is just around the corner. But we have so much to be thankful for and I lose sight of that so easily most days. Ann over at A Holy Experience has issued a challenge of sorts - to start keeping a journal of our gifts, blessings, good things... and so I am accepting the challenge and hoping to journal here. Posting will be sporadic as life is sporadic, but that too I can be thankful for, that life is never boring.
1. I am thankful I am alive. Taken for granted on so many days.
2. I am thankful for my husband, his leadership, his love and his ever present patience with me.
3. I am thankful for my children, who though test me on a daily basis, are also the means of great joy, laughter and fun.
4. I am thankful for my health. Though I struggle with recurring allergy issues, my lot is quite simple and how quickly I forget that. It is not cancer (like sweet Halie) or any number of other life-challenging diseases this world serves us. I pray that I will grasp the enormousness of this blessing, for it is never truly appreciated until it is taken away.

No comments: