Monday, November 20, 2006

In absence

For anyone who has happened to notice, I have been MIA for about a week. It was one of the most draining weeks I have had in a long time. It was both exhausting and wonderful. I went to Austin to take care of my grandmother who fell about a month ago and broke her hip. I also took my 10 month old. Here is the week in short order.

Monday: drive to Austin early am, arrive, begin process of taking care of two beings who are completely dependent on me.
Tuesday: Drive to Walgreens to pick up meds for G'ma. Car breaks down. Call hubby crying. Call G'ma to let her know where I am. Call G'ma's auto shop to have them give me and my 10 month old a ride back to G'mas. Make inventory of G'mas house so she can start deciding who gets what.
Wednesday: 5:30 am, G'ma falls again and scares the living day lights out of me. Still no car. Call hubby crying. Convince him to come to Austin before I lose it completely.
Thursday: Continue taking care of two, take G'ma to doc to make sure she didn't rebreak anything.
Friday: Try to function with no sleep for the last 4 days. Try frantically to get G'ma into an assisted living place until my Mother can get to Austin or find her a 24 hour home nurse. Arrange to be taken to Pick up car, pay $300, drive back to G'mas while on phone with home health care places.
etc. etc. It was great getting to spend this time with my grandmother and I am glad I went despite how difficult the week was. I got home Saturday evening and have slept like the dead since. We fly to NM tomorrow to see my sister and Mom for the holiday and will be back on Tuesday. And then it is Dec. and anniversaries and birthdays and Hanukkah and Christmas and then OMGoodness, my baby turns One. Crap on a stick.

So that is where I have been, where I am going and wher my brain is. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, with lots of Turkey and family blessings and little dysfunction and family drama.

No comments: