- Don't judge others too quickly, lest they do the same to you.
- But, generally, you can judge a person by how they treat a waiter, their mother and a valet.
- You are the only one responsible for your actions. No matter what. Live so that you are proud of yourself and your decisions.
- Be accountable always for your actions. Admit when you are wrong and stand up when you are right.
- Live in such a way that God would be proud of you.
- Stand up for what you believe in. Those beliefs may change over time and that is okay too.
- Live your life so that you have no regrets. Our experiences, both good and bad, make us who we are each day.
- Life is full of change. Be flexible and go with the flow-it is so much easier than fighting change.
- Happiness comes from within. No one has control over your emotions except you. With each experience, you have a choice as to how you will react to it. Choose wisely.
- Love yourself above all else. If you don't love yourself, you cannot fully love someone else and you cannot let someone else fully love you.
- No matter what, your father and I will always love you.
- Always use kind words when speaking of others. You never know one's current situation and we do not want to be hurtful.
- Sometimes a new hairdo can change your whole outlook.
- But, always remember, beauty comes from within. If you are beautiful on the inside, it will shine through.
- Remember, there are always consequences for our actions. Make decisions based on the consequences.
- Do the things you want to do today. When you are old, you will not regret the things you did so much as the things you never did.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Advice from Momma
To my dear Savannah, always remember these things. These are things I hope to teach you as you grow. I will add this list to my sidebar and continually add to it, I hope, if I can figure out how.