Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It's been one of these days...

One of those days that leaves you spent. Leaves you longing for the life before... before kids... before marriage, when all you had to worry about was yourself. Feeding yourself, listening to yourself, doing what you wanted, when you wanted. I just thought I knew what multi-tasking was back then. Now multi-tasking has a whole new meaning. Like a circus freak of multi-tasking, I take on too much and let the side show take over.

When I am like this, Boo Bear feeds off it and then I feed off of her. She is almost a year and a half and still isn't talking much which leaves her major form of communication whining. I hate whining. She is also really beginning to test boundaries, although she has really been doing this since she could crawl and reach for things.

I am tired of saying no and no and no and don't and no and no again. I am tired of having to take things away and pull her down from places and I am tired of the screaming and the crying and the whining and rinse repeat all over again. I am tired of having to try and juggle working from home and keeping her occupied and moving her focus every 2 minutes while answering the phone and trying to cook dinner and keep a clean house and find time for work and faith and my husband and not to mention myself. Time for myself? What's that?

I wish I had more patience with my daughter because I know that the less patience I have, the more I yell and the more she screams and I hate being like this. My husband is so patient and good with her and she minds him completely different than she does me and I know that I am a large reason for this and I want to change, but not sure how to even begin other than praying, which I guess is a start.

Tell me I'm not the only one. Please!

1 comment:

Star said...

You sound like every Mom I ever knew. I never trusted the ones who act like everything is rosy all the time. Boo Bear is at a tough age. I know now you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, but in no time you will look back and think it wasn't so bad. Give yourself a break. You are only human after all.