Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Bitchfest '05

I think I have done pretty well during this pregnancy of not complaining since I haven't had too much to complain about. I know that I am very lucky in this regard. But all of that changed last week and now the time has come for Bitchfest November '05.

Walking: walking used be something that I didn't think much about. I just did it. One foot in front of the other, no problem. Now? This baby is so low that sometimes I get up and I don't know if I can walk "around" the kid. Can you please get out of my hips? Nobody likes a waddler.

Sleep: Ah, sleep, that wonderful thing of the past. I know that my body is probably preparing me for nights to come once the little one is here, but being up for 3 hours in the middle of the night for no reason has got to stop. It is especially fun when I have taken Tylen*l PM, but still wake up a couple of hours later in a nice groggy drugged state thinking about things that make no sense what-so-ever, like aliens and Indians. And then I'm up for three hours, for NO REASON. No reason.

Hiccups: The little one has started getting hiccups. It is cute really and I like to keep my hand there and feel him/her fight through them. But last night? I could feel the hiccups in my butt! I don't know what your idea of a great place to hang out is, oh little one, but Mommy's rear end has enough problems, thank you very much. Also, that nice little placement makes Mommy think she has to go to the bathroom, when she really doesn't. But at least just a little pee comes out, so at least it's not a total waste when I waddle to the bathroom 50 times a day and night.

Swelling: I haven't had to deal with swelling too much, but lately it has increased a little. And Mommy no likey. I like my shoes to fit when I put them on. I miss my wedding ring too! And my feet, well, they look better as a size 6 narrow, so please leave them alone. I will drink more water, I promise.

Baby Room: What baby room? This is the baby's room right now.

I'm almost 32 weeks and starting to freak out! What if this baby comes early? We are soooo not ready. Everyday I say I am going to work on it when I go home. And everyday I go home exhausted and tired and lay on the couch like a big sack of lazy. My goal is to tackle it tonight. At least to start. There I said it. Now that it's out there, maybe I will be held accountable and so maybe that will motivate me to actually tackle this room. Agh.

So, I warned you with the name of this post, if you made it this far, congrats. Here's a belly pic.

No comments: