Friday, December 02, 2005

Crib Help!

I am having a very difficult time getting a crib. I first registered for a crib at Babies R Us and then it was no longer in stock. So I picked another one from JC Penneys. They had it, but they don't keep cribs in the store and regardless of whether we had it shipped home or to the store, they wanted $130 just for shipping! So now I am on a search for a crib I like. I can find a crib I like, but it won't have all the things I want. I want (I think) at least one drop side. I want (I think) multiple mattress positions and I want a crib that converts to a toddler bed and then to a day bed/full size bed. Now, having never bought or used a crib, I may just think I want these things. So my questions goes out to you dear internet Mommies and Daddies.

What do I really need in a crib? Your suggestions and advice are much appreciated.

2 comments:

Star said...

The drop side and multiple mattress levels are important. I never turned my crib into a bed. Our three were born close enough together that the crib got passed down and we got a bed for the older one. Good luck!

Edge said...

Ya drop side and mattress levels are about it. I wanted to get a convertable one for our daughter, but it was cost prohibitive and we already had an old captains bed that I ended up painting. It's worth the time and effort to get one that converts into a bed. We internet shopped for beds too. Walmart might have a decent one and will ship without shipping if you pick it up from the store. Sears is an old standby and they might even do special finiancing and they will do the no shipping if picked up in the store. If you have a used baby clothes store around sometimes they deal in used furniture. Ebay may also be a good spot if you look local you can go and pick it up instead of having it shipped.

~Jef