Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I should post something

Something.


Kidding. Life is moving along at a pace that lately I am having trouble keeping up with. It seems, just when I get a handle on my day, it's over.

Boo Bear is crawling all over and pulling up on everything, so my life is full of following her around and picking up or moving whatever she is trying to stuff in her mouth or pull on her head. It's called babyproofing, one minute at a time. And cleaning as you go.

She is so mobile that I can really only work while she is napping, which in itself is a moving target right now.

I am finding that I really don't want to do anything outside of the house because it is really so much trouble. It takes forever to get out of the house; trip to the car, put baby in, turn car on, realize I forgot something, leave car running with baby in it (before anyone freaks out, we live in a very small, very out of the way neighborhood that if you don't know where it is and you happen to be here, you are lost), make mad dash inside for whatever I forgot. Rinse, lather, repeat, at least 2x. An any outing farther than say Target, the bank or Walmart is sure to mess up Boo Bear's schedule and I really can't have her napping in the car, because as I said, I have to work while she naps and I can't do that while driving the car. Hence my being tied to the house.

I also find that even outings without Boo Bear, leave me less than thrilled. It takes a lot of work to leave a breastfed baby anywhere without boobage for any length of time. And my free time, read, alone time, is very scarce and frankly I would just be happy sitting on the couch vegging instead of driving somewhere, spending money I don't have, carting child and 10 million of her necessary items to and fro, so on and so forth.

So, as you can see, I'm a grump, a pain, a short-tempered, hoo ha and did I mention that it seems my Aunt Flo has come back to visit, despite the fact that I am breastfeeding, but I am sure that has nothing to do with my foul mood.

Going back under shell now...

No comments: