Thursday, October 26, 2006

This that and the other

I present to you, randomness. It's been awhile since I did a "real" post. As in, not just filler or pictures, but something real that reflects on the goings on in the world. Albeit my world.
**************************************
When I grow up and become a parent of a school aged child, I have decided that I will proudly display a bummer sticker that says simply "Proud Parent". Technichally I guess I don't really have to wait until she is school age.
**************************************
Last week when our babysitter came over to watch Boo Bear so the hubs and I could go to dinner with friends, she told me a shocking story. She is 18 and going to a local community college. She was telling me that soon she would have more time to babysit if I needed her. I asked her why that was and she told me that she may be dropping out of her English class. It seems that her professor gave them a speaking assignment in which the purpose was to hone their public speaking skills. (sidebar: Back when I was in college, we had English and we had Speach, two very distinct classes) The subject matter for this 10 minute speach was to be P0rn0gr@phy. I'll let that sink in... I don't care what age you are and what class it is, I think it is completely unacceptable to assign this topic in a school. If I was paying for that class, I would be throwing a fit. Anyways, her Dad was livid and was going to pull her out of the class. I would to for that matter. There are plenty of other interesting and controversial (if that was the purpose) subjects to discuss out there these days without having to bring that into the mix.
***************************************
My life is full, my days runeth over and my wheels keep spinning and I am so thankful for all of that.

No comments: