Tuesday, June 14, 2005

What's a happenin' hot stuff?

Title has nothing to do with post. It just popped in there. $5 virtual to anyone who tells me what movie that's from. It's easy...

Well, I just got back to work after a day and a half off and a very relaxing and fun filled weekend to the beach with the girls! We talked and talked and talked and talked. That's what us girls do, you know. We talked a lot about babies and motherhood and birth and the parts of each other's lives that we missed out on or that happened before we knew each other. We had two preggos and two Mommies so lots of information was shared. I am so glad to have these women in my life. It's amazing what information you get from girl friends.

I took yesterday off to recover, but instead spent most of the day with hubby at the nursing home visiting his sick Great Aunt. She is not doing well. It hurts me to see him with her. He gets so upset and I hate seeing him like that. I feel so sad everytime we do to the nursing home. So many of the people there can't really talk or don't make much sense when they do. I can't imagine being locked up inside myself, not being able to speak and interact. Hubby's Aunt is usually very vocal and is very sarcastic so the nurses love her. She was not very lucid yesterday and it was really sad to see her this way. She always has some smart aleck come back when you say something she doesn't like. My MIL said she did say something earlier in the day. She said, "I sure could use a cup of coffee." (They don't get coffee in the nursing home, but she loves her coffee) The nurses started laughing and she said to my MIL, "I don't know what they think is so funny." I didn't get to meet her before she was in the nursing home, but she has always been a close part of hubby's family and her loss will be very hard. She is 91 and has lived a long life and I can't help but hope that she is not in pain and that God will take her when she is ready.

I have been reading lots on pregnancy and birthing and so forth. I have a lot of decisions to make about how I want this birth to happen (ideally of course). Both my sister and I were born at home by midwifes. My Mom was a midwife for many years, a registered nurse and is now a Nurse Practitioner specializing in woman's health. I hate taking drugs for any reasons and tend to avoid them unless I am in a lot of pain. I really don't want any unnatural intrusion when it comes to the birth, but I want to be in a hospital in case something does go wrong. My ultimate goal is for me and the baby to be healthy and safe. I just have a lot to figure out. I am going to interview some other doctors. I don't really like the doctor I have now. I just feel like I am running out of time and I am so busy, I really don't have time right now to take off work for interviews. What to do. What to do.

Well, that post was a little bit everywhere. Oh well!

No comments: