Monday, February 28, 2005

Flightsin

We have this thing between my MIL, my hubby and me. My MIL is always going "HUH?" in this high pitched way when she doesn't hear something or doesn't understand something. Hubby and I constantly make fun of her because of this. One day at Christmas we were all sitting around and the following occurred:

MIL to Hubby: "You never listen to me."
Hubby: "What?" (whenever you say anything about listening or hearing and hubby says what, you know he heard you, he's just being a smart ass)
MIL: "I SAID..."

Much laughing followed.

So during the drive down to Corpus Christie a couple of weekends ago for Nana's 80th birthday, Hubby and I were having a conversation about something I don't recall.

Hubby:, "blah, blah, blah, blah..."
Me: "mmmm hmmm, blah, blah, blah..."
Hubby: "Blah, blah"
Me: "Quite So."
Hubby: "Flightsin?"
Me: "Yes, flightsin, that's exactly what I said. Because it made so much sense in the context of our conversation."
Hubby: "Well, I didn't hear you."
Me: "That's what we should say to your Mom from now on when she says, 'huh'. That would really confuse her."

So this morning, hubby gets up to get in the shower and said something and I said, "Quite so."

Guess what the response was.

"Flightsin"

No comments: