Friday, August 18, 2006

do dah do dah

I have been meaning to post about the playgroup I finally found. I had been searching for something to get me out of the house and to get me in touch with some other Mom's in the area. I found Meet Up and have been very pleased so far. They have all kinds of groups you can find and join, but lucky for me they have playgroups and they had one in my area. I live on the outskirts of Houston and so lots of activities for this area are really based in Houston. This makes it hard for me to get to things due to being an hour away, having to try and keep the girl on a good nap schedule and working 5 hours a day from home.

I have been to a couple of events and they have been good. So far the group I joined is fairly new so I have only met a few of the mom's and their kids, but it is so nice to get out of the house and to commiserate with other moms that are going through or have gone through what I am. I have friends around the city that do have kids, but again it's just too far for me to regularly see them to hang out.

If you are looking for playgroups in your area, check it out and if there isn't a playgroup in your area, start one! There are always other mothers looking for play groups.

No comments: