Monday, November 26, 2007

It's that time of year again...

The holidays are officially upon us, if you didn't know that already with the influx of Turkey and shopping last week. This week in our family, we have:

One Anniversary
One Birthday
One Christmas Party
One Baby Dedication
10 lbs of mashed potatoes to cook
one freezer meal for a sick friend
one bake sale to cook for
4 family meals to prepare
20 hours of work
4 loads of laundry
9 loads of dishes
one very filthy floor
one very two year old
one doctor's appointment (let's hope it stays this way)
and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeeee....

On a not so light note, my aunt is in the hospital with what seems to be meningitus. Please pray that the doctors will have wisdom as they diagnose and treat her and that she will heal quickly. Please also pray for my family that is down there that they will not get sick spending all that time in the hospital.

My grandmother seems to be dying. She had a stroke last week and just isn't the same anymore. She is probably not going to make it much longer and this leaves me feeling helpless this far away. She can't really talk on the phone as she doesn't really make sense anymore when she talks so I can't even really talk to her to tell her I love her. I have been praying about whether or not to go see her one last time. We thought she was dying in May and I made a last minute trip then to say goodbye and see her one last time. I don't know if I can do it again or if it would do any good for her or me. We don't believe she is in any pain so that is good, but I do pray that it isn't too difficult for her to not be able to make herself clear; being trapped in your own brain and not being able to speak to others seems painful to me. I hope that she knows how much I love her.

No comments: