Thursday, September 16, 2004

Momma/The Essence of a Woman

I have lots swirling through my head today so I will try to stay somewhat coherent.

Funny for today: I was having a great thought in the car on the way to work and I couldn't write it down going 80 mph on the freeway so I called my office voicemail. Beep. "Uh, Hi. Uh, this is yourself... blah blah blah." I am such a dork!

MOMMA:
My nickname to a lot of my friends is Momma, because I am always the mothering one taking care of everybody else. I am definitely being Momma today. One friend of mine met me and hubby out for dinner last night and on her way into the restaurant twisted her ankle pretty good. I got a phone call from her this morning asking about doctors and what she should do. I gave her all my doctor's names and told her to go to a doctor, get it x-rayed and see what the doc says. Another friend of mine stepped on a copper industrial sized staple the other night and has to go see the doc so I am going with her to the doctor today while she gets her owchie shot. Love the Momma.


THE ESSENCE OF A WOMAN:
The essence of a woman is illogical and unrealistic. We are run by emotion whether we want to be or not. I have fought most of my adult life to not be a "victim" of my own emotions. It runs in the family and the first half of my life I was an emotion ball of nuclear product. You never knew when I might blow up or just break down. Men are logical and base decisions and actions on facts and logic and realistic ideas. Women are at their core emotional, in itself defined as illogical and unrealistic. We are overcome by emotions that we know logically are not realistic or fair to those around us, yet the emotion is so overpowering that we still feel resentful or hurt even though we know we shouldn't. When the argument between Man and Woman arises, Woman says, "I can't explain it I just feel that way. I can't help the way I feel." The adult version of stamping our feet and saying, "But I can't help it!" The Man responds, with "I don't know what to tell you, but quit attacking me."

Here is something for the women I wrote a couple of years ago:

To A Woman

You are beautiful.
Today. Right Now.Just as you are.
In whatever you are wearing.
Make up, no make up.
You are beautiful.

You are not what you weigh.
Pounds and inches are not what make up your existence.
Thoughts and feelings, your beliefs, your fears, your loves,
Your friendships, that is what make you, YOU.
You are not what you weigh.

You are human.
You feel, you love yourself, you love others.
You hurt yourself, you hurt others.
You make mistakes, you do great things.
You are human.

You are a woman.
You are a mother, a sister, a daughter, a friend.
You empathize and sympathize.
You love and you lose and grow, live, and learn.
You are a woman.




No comments: