Wednesday, September 15, 2004

What Would You Do?

What was the best thing about your youth?

Well, my childhood is kind of split into two halves. One half is my childhood at my Mothers which was up until about 5th grade, and the other half is my childhood at my Fathers that was from 5th grade on. First half the best part of my childhood was the freedom I had. I could go anywhere and do anything as long as I had all my chores done. Now I had a lot of responsibility because my mom was a single parent who was a nurse. She worked long hours so I was pretty much in charge of the house a lot of the time. But I could ride my bike anywhere. Gymnastics was probably the best part of my life. My childhood at my Fathers was very different. I had very little responsibility, but had very little freedom as well. The best part of my youth in this half of my childhood was probably all the experiences I had in Drill Team and cheerleading and all other school functions. Although I did not appreciate all that I had in high school, looking back I value it all very much now.

What was the worst?
Growing up with a split family. I didn't really create a relationship with my sister until we were older because we were usually in different places (she has a different father and therefore was ususally with him, when I was visiting Mom) There were many times I wished that I only had one family, because then life would be easy. I was a cronic people pleaser and with two families that are very different and have very different values I was constantly trying to please everybody and it really tore me apart.

Who is the most interesting person you've ever met?
Well, right now I would have to say Dooce. I haven't actually met her, but she is definitely the most interesting person I have come across in my life right now.

What's the most imaginative thing you've ever done as an adult?
Hmmm? Well I guess planning my wedding was pretty imaginative. I did a lot of "imaginitive" things in college. I'll leave that to your imagination.

What's the least you've ever worn in public?
Nothing. My 2nd to last year in college I was living with 2 girls that tested my limits on a regular basis. One night we were hanging out drinking and started playing truth or dare. We ended up int he apartment pool playing and someone, not me, said I dare us all to take off our bathing suits and run upstairs completely naked. The last one up gets the last shower. I made it up first using the strategy of getting my suit off first and making a run for it. Little did we know that the guys across from us upstairs were watching. Oops.

I'll answer in a little bit, but feel free to give me your answers.

No comments: