Thursday, September 23, 2004

The storm that never ends

It seems that Ivan now wants a little piece of Texas, Yippee Kye Yay! See we experienced a nice little storm like this a few years ago. Her pretty little name was Allison and she flooded the whole damn city. I am slightly bitter about Ms. Allison. Not because I got flooded out, but because I got flooded in. See the weekend Ms. Allison made her new home in the Houston area, was also 4 days after my boyfriend of 3 years said that he just couldn't give me what I needed and said "Bye bye." So my friend J was going to cheer me up that weekend and we were going to hang out and do fun girly things. But Ms. Allison moved in and lucky J was stuck in Las Vegas for 3 extra days. Well isn't that special. I spent 3 days straight watching the news of Ms. Allison, watching 18 wheelers float down freeways with jetski's flying by right next to them. I was not completely self involved. Good person that I am, cleaned out my closet and took stuff to the nearest Red Cross. It really was a horrible storm although I am sure anybody in Florida would laugh at me and say, yeah right. So, Ivan wants a piece of Texas. News this morning says, well we need some rain. I don't think they want 15 inches, which is a possibility. Only if they cancel work. Which I doubt very seriously since I work in the hospitality industry. Hubby is off today and tomorrow and I would love to snuggle up in bed all day long and do nothing with him. We never get time off together.

Bring it on Ivan. Let Texas kick your big ass outta here!

No comments: