Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Surf & Turf

My hubby is acting like a 5 year old getting ready to go to Disney World. Right now would probably not be a good time to go to Disney World, but it is the only time in the world when there is decent surf in the Galveston area and so hubby gets to go surfing tomorrow. He hasn't been surfing since our honeymoon in November and he is so excited he is leaving messages like the following on my voicemail at work.

"Kowabunga!"

Yep, that was the whole message. To make life even more exciting, he is going to ride the dirt bike on Thursday. What a lucky guy. See, these are the only two sports hubby likes, surfing and dirt bikes, so he is jumping out of his skull with excitement. Even more exciting is he has slowly given birth to a new surfer and tomorrow will be the first time said birthee goes surfing in real surf. They do this thing where they "surf" behind a ski boat and birthee has been doing that, but has never really been surfing. So hubby is almost more excited about getting the birthee in the water than he is about actually getting to surf himself. Wish I could go. I don't care to surf, but probably would if I was out there. Hubby has been begging me to go with them, butI just can't. Hoarding the vacation for when my new niece/nephew gets here in Feb.

No comments: