Thursday, September 23, 2004

Sucker like a Hoover

I am definitely hyper today with a small side of allergy. I am guessing it was the B12 shot I got this (i just went to type this and typed shit, hmmm?) morning. Shot hurt like hell by the way, I think the nurse is slowly moving up to the lower back region, get back to the ass, there is more cushion there for that there needle. And I still have a mark from the band aid from last weeks (Wednesday) shot. Ouch! I didn't sleep well and still feeling a little crappy, but I am hyper and find myself smiling for no reason. After a week of feeling like death warmed over and faking smiles, this feels good! Real good!

So, I am a sucker for Reality Shows. I hate to admit it but I get sucked in every time. I had said that I probably wouldn't watch The Bachelor anymore as it was getting ridiculous and predictable. Imagine that, a staged showed ridiculous and predictable. Anyways, yesterday I decided to look up who The Bachelor was and to my surprise, they are two 40 year old men up for the position. I think, how stupid, but I guess they need love too. So the 25 women first get to choose who they want to be their Bachelor and then that Bachelor turns around and eliminates 10 girls. So the first thing I look at is how old are these women. Kudos to ABC for not picking all 25 year old girls to go out with 40 year old men. And of course, like any good and proper reality show, we have the token black girl, the token asian, the token beeatch (probably the highest paid actress on the show) and the token cry baby. One of the girls was actually crying last night before the rose ceremony because she just loved him so much. You have known this man for one day. You can't possibly want to "open your heart" up to him just yet. And token beeatch, well she voted for the other bachelor that didn't get picked, but now that Byron is the only one here, well, "I'm here to, (pause for effect) um, get him in the end." Basically, she is there to win, she doesn't want the man, she doesn't want to fall in love, she doesn't even want to get married, she wants to win. At the end she would look around and go, "Is that all I get, you? Wait, I thought I won something, oh well, at least I WON." I know, I know, she is probably just internalizing her feelings of need and inadequacy. Shove it where the sun don't shine! She herself admits she is a money grubbing, materialistic bitch. Well, at least she is honest with herself.

Sucker like a Hoover, yeah that's me. What are you a sucker for?

No comments: