Friday, September 10, 2004

Trump the Apprentice

The Apprentice season two started last night. 90 minutes of which 60 minutes were commercials. I don't remember having this many commercials as a kid. Is everyone so greedy we have to ruin people's relaxing evenings talking about cars and phones and laxatives and all the things we are trying to escape from. So the "cast" of Season 2. We have the token black man and the token black girl (get to her in a second), the token asian, the token wierdo, the token Ice Queen, the token bitter young guy and everyone else. Stacie, the token black girl, has to be on crack. I mean complete freak show. "Why aren't you listening to me? HELLO!?" Seriously, take a valium and come back down to where the normal air is. After discussing with the hubby, we agreed, she is probably a hired actress. Oh, and who is the girl who looks like she is 12???

Since the first season, I have been trying to get hubby to try out for this show. He would be great at it, and no I am not biased. He really is a true leader, one of his best qualities I think. I told him again last night that he should be on this show, but after discussion we both agreed that he would love the challenges and the opportunity, but he couldn't handle the DRAMA and the fakeness that reality shows entail. Too bad they have to go ruin "reality" tv with "programming" and "sets". I know that is what all tv is in essence, but at least when Survivor first came out, we could fool ourselves into believing that these people were really just left alone to fend for themselves and think of their own "lines." Imagine letting people be who they really are. I guess the entertainment value would decrease significantly. I guess that is why we watch tv again, to escape from our own reality.

No comments: