Sunday, December 05, 2004

He's Done it Again

I have never been so annoyed as I was last night. Genuine created these really great banners for me. Last night the kids were all asleep and I decided to try to get them up on Blog Explosion. I am somewhat technically challenged and this proved to be harder than I expected. In a very short amount of time I was so frustrated I couldn't even see straight. None of it was working.

In steps Genuine, the knight in shining armor. He tried walking me through it several different ways but Blogger and Hello were NOT working with us. So then I gave him my login and password for B.E. and he tried to do it FOR me. (All the while another friend of mine was trying to also help me figure out what I had done wrong.) Ryan is my resident computer genius but he wasn't home to help. Bottom line was I was not going to get my banners up - they simply weren't working - something about where I was hosting the images - I didn't do something right but none of us could figure out what I had done wrong.

Finally about midnight Genuine takes over completely (which was fine with me because I was tired and getting even more frustrated) and next thing I know he says that they are there and just waiting for B.E. to approve them. I won't tell you what he did to make it work but let's just say he is the sweetest guy! So it won't be long before you could see my banners pop up when you are surfing B.E.

I promised to give another plug for his company and their awards in appreciation for all of his help. So here it is:

Genuine and The Zero Boss are starting up a company (officially starting in January) that will help bloggers with design, traffic, content review, etc, etc, etc. For now the only advertising is word of mouth. So tell people about this. Their company is called Blog Mechanics and you can check out their website at www.blogmechanics.com. It is still in process because they aren't really up and running yet - but go see them anyway!

They are also sponsoring a new set of blog awards. Apparently political blogs are taking over and real blogs aren't getting recognized like they should. So the BoB (Best of Blogs) Awards are being created. Both Blog Mechanics and Genuine will have current updates on the process for nominations I'm sure.

Okay - I've given their plugs! And not just because I told him I would but because he deserves it. So go on over and ask Genuine or The Zero Boss what Blog Mechanics can do for you!!!!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend! Jazzy will be back on Monday!
Em

No comments: