Friday, December 10, 2004

Whoring

Well in an effort to get this little blog nominated for the The Biggest Blog Whore over here, I'm pimping myself out here.

My first step is to do a little linky love. First, if you don't see your name on my blogroll and you want to be added, just leave me a comment here with all the required info and I will add you to the blogroll.

Secondly, I will pimp out some of my favorite reads. In an effort to not only promote some blogs I try to read daily (see below), but to pimp myself out in return, here are some favorites not previously pimped before:
  • Dell's Diner: She's a fellow Texas blogger and she has the cutest Nephew (until mine are born, then we'll have new cuteness!). Dell's fun, intellectual and openminded. And funny to boot. You guys know how I like funny.
  • Michele: She's witty and fun and oh so creative. Home of the Site of the Day, blog it forward game. If you don't read her, well you are missing out on cocktail parties and the such. Go see her and tell her Jazzy sent you.
  • Scared of Left Turns: Maxxipunk reminds me of myself at her age, so I'm reliving my early twenties through her. Of course she is funny and she is also a native Texas girl so what's not to like?
  • A View From the Bleachers: A friend of mine at work that reads my blog commented one day that she hadn't really found a lot of blogs of people that go out as much as we do. The first blog that came to mind was this one. He has great dating advice even though he is married. His bar tales are always amusing.
  • The Second Time Around: Brandie's tales of college life as well as her Thursday Bookroom are always an interesting read. She has a crazy life, but still finds time to enjoy the things around her.
And now, for BIG PIMPIN'!
The following are reasons why I think yours truly should be nominated for the Biggest Blog Whore.

  1. Upon leaving for my trip to NM, I knew I would be without my beloved blogging, so I got me not one, but two guest bloggers.
  2. Also upon leaving for my trip, I went through my blogroll and printed out 200 plus pages to read on my trip so that I could at least catch up with those I hadn't gotten to before leaving town.
  3. I finished said 200 plus pages before arriving in NM.
  4. My trip wasn't the first time I printed out blogs to take home with me. I do it on a regular basis.
  5. I blog more than I work.
  6. I have missed a meeting due to being so engrossed in reading a blog.
  7. I think of my blog friends as much as I think of my "real" friends.
  8. If I do not read at least one of these on a daily basis, I am not whole. Dooce, Genuine, RudeCactus, SoTheFishSaid.
  9. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about a post.
  10. I have left myself a voicemail on my work phone while driving into work about a post.
  11. I want to be just like Genuine, who I have already dubbed The King of Blog Whores. Go tell him Genuine Bash III (I am missing Genuine Bash II due to my birthday) should be a Pimp and Blog Ho Party.
  12. And the best reason to vote for me as the Biggest Blog Whore: I can be dubbed, The Best Little Blog Whore in Texas.

So there you go. Go VOTE for all your favorites, even if I'm not one of them. Voting is open now.


No comments: