Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Brain Dead

To my few loyal readers, sorry for the absence, but work has stepped in front of my blogging ability and is being steadfast. I am slowly swimming out of the paperwork on my desk, but my brain hurts and my creativity button is no longer working. So here is some random stuffola:

Amy of at Psychobabble did this for me with her Anagram Artist:

Fleas Snubbed Blob
Elf Bobsled Bus Ban
Blessed Bob Nab Flu
Bendable Boss Flub

I like the last one personally.

Giggling Universe asked me some questions back when I asked anyone to ask me anything. Apparently I must be fairly transparent as no one except Miss Em wants to know anything about me. So here are the answers to your questions Em:
Em asked
1) what would we be most surprised to know about you?
2) what is the craziest thing you did in college?

1) What would you be most surprised to know about me?
I have been thinking on that one and still trying to come up with an answer.
Cheesy answer: I was a huge cowgirl in College. Wore Rocky Mountains and boots and belt buckles and cowboy hats and danced the two-step all the time. I worked in every major country bar in Austin at one point in my college career. I was on a country western dance team at one point and my dance partner and I still have moves used in Austin bars.
Answer #2: I suffered a major bout of depression in college. Debilitating depression along with some physical illnesses. I had to drop out of college for the semester and was pretty much in bed for a month. I could hardly walk, eat or sleep. I was on a lot of medication until they finally figured out what was wrong with me. Not a single person visited me during this time. My parents spoke kindly to each other during this time. I eventually crawled out of the hole and recovered nicely.

2) The craziest thing I did in college? Well, here's a list of some of the crazy things I did in college:
  • did a keg stand
  • in the middle of spring break week decided to drive from Austin to Taos to go skiing for two days, almost died coming home by driving off a cliff
  • went out with men you spit snuff while dancing (yes THAT is crazy)
  • went into a grocery store with my hair in a high ponytail, braided and sticking straight up on my head. I looked like a Snorkle. My best friend Mel had hers into two pigtails braided. It started as a dare, because she had to go into the liquor store by herself like this. (Yes a small amount of alcohol was involved)

I am sure there are more that I can't remember as I have killed many brain cells since college.


On another note, and at the risk of sounding like a stalker, I had a dream about dooce the other night. Don't know why, other than I think she is one of the greatest things since sliced bread cuz she makes me laugh and laugh and I just gotta get my dooce everyday. Anyways... on with the dream recap: I dreamed that I went to her house, which happened to be in ugly Houston and not beautiful snowy Utah. I was summoned to the dooce house to babysit the dooce baby, Miss Leta. And she was as beautiful baby ever. She was also not the screaming crying child that dooce refers to, but hey this was my dream, my way. Dooce herself was as cool as can be and she stayed to talk to me for a little while when she returned from her jaunt wherever. I don't know and I didn't care. I was watching THE DOOCE BABY! Anyway, that was about it. I remember leaving nonchalantly in the dream even though I did not ever want to leave, because I wanted to learn more about Her Dooceness.

I wasn't sure whether or not I should even tell anyone about my dream. I mean it is on the verge of strange. Okay, it's leaning into the strange pit with at least one foot and one hand, but hey, this is my crazy.

No comments: