Monday, October 04, 2004

Dog days of summer

Yeah, that's right, summer. I am jealous. I am jealous of all you bloggers out there talking about the beautiful weather and the leaves changing color and the crisp air and sweaters and such. I want some of that! Here in Texas we have two seasons, summer which lasts from April through November and sometimes December, and winter that lasts from January through April. We have hot, hotter, hottest and damn, am I in Hell hot. Then we have cold, colder, and out, out damn cold. The humidity makes both seasons worse. We don't have a fall. Our leaves have two colors, Green and Brown. In summer they are green and winter they are brown. Everything is brown in winter. We have no yellow leaves, no rust leaves, no beautiful leaves. We have live leaves or dead leaves. I want crisp, cool air that you can smell. The kind that you smell and it makes you happy. This is the weather where I am:

89°F
Mostly Cloudy
Feels Like94°F
UV Index:
4 Moderate
Dew Point:
70°F
Humidity:
53% (And this is low)

Visibility:
7.0 miles Oh but we can see for miles and miles and miles...
Pressure:
30.04 inches and falling
Wind:
From the Northwest at 7 mph

So sorry if I am bitter, but I want some of THAT!

Sicko update: went back to the doc. still a viral infection, mass amounts of samples of new meds and a b12 shot AND a steroid shot. Yes, me two shots in one day. Who'd a thunk? And I didn't even cry Teeser. Believe that?!

Well, I have been trying to post this all day, so if it all of a sudden shows up 50 times, sorry.

No comments: