Thursday, October 14, 2004

Random Questions

Can anyone tell me the reasoning behind why DVD/VHS Movies are released on Tuesdays? This has been bothering me for awhile. My answer is that since most video stores have between 2 and 5 day rentals, Wednesday is about when people would start renting movies for the weekend. So, if movies are released on Tuesday's people will buy the movie rather than rent it because they have to have it now, now, now. I have not idea if that is right, but that is my made up answer.

Second, what is with all the creepy mannequin commercials. I don't get the marketing idea behind this. Foley's has some, Cotton has some and some car manufacturers have some. Why the creepy mannequins???

I found out yesterday that hubby has read my blog. I was surprised. See, when I first started the blogging, he did night like it at all. He felt that it would open me up to bad people (Stay away bad people!). I understood his paranoia, I really did, but I got very defensive and after much argument we agreed that I would blog and he would ignore the fact that I blogged. I'm glad he reads. At one point about a month ago I even considered giving up blogging. I had been out sick for a couple of days and had contemplated stopping. Blogging had come up at a family dinner and I couldn't explain WHY I needed to blog. Comments were made like, "Why would anyone want to put their life online?" and "I don't even keep a journal at home." I still cannot explain in words why I blog. I guess I need it. It is a release, but it is also a way for me to connect with people. I thrive on connecting with people. I guess it is also a little bit of what Tiff said about voyeurism. Everyone likes attention. Everyone likes to relate to people and have other people relate to them. I think blogging allows strangers to connect in a way that just cannot be done face to face. When I came back from being sick with the decision made that I would probably stop, I logged on and started reading some of my favorite blogs. I had comments on my blog and I felt good. Blogging makes me feel good. I see good in people that is lacking so much in today's society. So many good things have come from blogging. I learn from blogging. I have reconnected with Emily through blogging probably more than I could have just talking on the phone or when we get together once a month or so. I get to hear more about my sister's life than I normally do. I have reconnected with people that I might not have done so as much without blogging. This is a busy world and we get caught up in every day things and lose touch with people we care about. Sad to say that if you don't have email, you probably don't hear from me much. I am not a phone person. I talk on the phone at work, I don't like to do it at home. It doesn't mean I don't love you or want to talk to you on the phone, but you will hear so much more from me by email than by phone.

Wow that turned into a long one. Off to work for awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the manequins thought: Maybe they are trying to save on cost and its cheaper not to hire models/actors??? I think the manequins are stupid.

I love to read your blogs. Not only does it give me something to do at work, but it also keeps me informed on your day and your thoughts since I dont get to see you anymore at work.