Thursday, October 28, 2004

Right vs. Left, Blue vs. Red

WARNING: POLITICAL MATERIAL FOLLOWS (I'm so sorry)

Hubby and I have made plans to go vote tomorrow evening. This will be the first time either of us has ever voted (hunkering down to avoid flying objects). The conversation went like this:

Hubby: I was going to go by myself.
Shooter (me): But I thought we could go together. I don't want to wait in line forever by myself.
Hubby: Okay, we can go together. You can stand on the left and I will stand on the right.

Somehow, I don't know exactly how, but I managed to marry a Right, a Red. I don't know what happened.

I grew up liberal and well, I have never voted (don't tell Grandma or Mom), but I am just so disgusted with the whole system. Now before you going commenting about, well you can't complain about the system if you don't vote, whether I vote or not does nothing to change the system. Nor does your vote change the system. It just changes who is in charge and who is going to screw things up for the next four or six years. Now certain people screw it up worse, but in simple terms my view of politics is whoever has the most money wins. It's as simple as that.

Because of the state of the world today and because I think Kerry is the lesser of two evils, I will vote this year. My decision to vote was also clinched in that, by voting, I can cancel out hubby's vote.

I would like to apologize for falling into the politcal pit fall. I would also like to apologize for no real original material here lately. I am swamped at work and all of my creativity is being sucked out there so it leaves little to nothing left for here. Unless of course you want to here "bla blu, blug, huh?" Because by the time I have can blog, I am pretty much brain dead and a simple sentence will garner you a look of complete and utter idiocy that even if you asked me what my name was, I would probably say, "duh?" So, I will be back soon with some Boopyness for my six loyal readers.

I know I have 6 loyal readers because of this thing that tells you who links to you. Try it. You'll like it. I promise. Everyone's doing it. Oh wait, that's BlogExplosion. Anyways, off the deep end. Here's the link: www.wholinkstome.com.

No comments: