Monday, October 11, 2004

I don't know where to start...

So much to say about this weekend and I am so very exhausted to bear with me if this doesn't make sense. I am back to no coffee, I had been cheating a little bit lately. I have also been eating crap for a week and my stomach is yelling at me. Paired with menstration, I am lucky that I am functioning at all. Did I mention the headache I have had for 3 days? Well, that is where I stand this beautiful Monday morning.

The birthday bash Friday was great. I think both Bekah and Emily both had a blast. 12 women in the Pope room at Buca de Beppo. Unfortunatley for me, I was not in "girl mode." I spent the majority of the my life getting along better with men than women. Around 25 I really learned how to be friends with more than one or two women at a time. I still can't stand the squealing thing that girls do and the loudness. Anyways, needless to say, Friday night, at any point in time if you had glanced my way, you would have seen me with my hands over both ears. I love all of the women I was with, I just wasn't in "girl mode." After dinner we went to Pat O'Brien's in the Village and heard a great Irish band called the Braggards. The girl who played the fiddle, rocked. Had such a blast. About 7 of us went and we danced and laughed and just had a blast. As I looked around at all the perfectly dressed early twenty somethings looking at us like we were crazy and drunk (we weren't), I valued my age and the wisdom that has come with it. We didn't care what people thought, all we cared about was we were having fun. Some of us are mother's who rarely get to go out. Some of us go out a lot. Some of us had never met. We had a blast. Here's to women. I got home at 2:00 AM though and had not packed for Saturday.

Saturday. Woke up at 8:00. Ugh. Forget to mention the fact that Friday night we did Buttery Nipple shots. These were my absolute favorite things my first couple years in college, but when I became a shot girl and saw what creamy anything does when mixed with alcohol, well if I wanted to drink curdled milk, I would. So, I don't drink anything with cream in it anymore, but appeased the masses Friday night and had 2 buttery nipple shots. My stomach screamed Saturday morning. I got up, packed and T and H showed up to make the trek to the Big D. (That's Dallas, TX to you non Texans.) Showed up just in time to see the Longhorns lose. Boooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! But they did manage to keep OU to only one touch down which I think is pretty good seeing as the last 4 years we've gotten our butts kicked pretty good. Sucks for me cuz both T and H are OU fans.

The bachelorette party: Pete's Dualing Piano Bar! We had such fun. We got H up on stage to do the Chicken Dance. Now I can scratch that off my list of things to see before I die. All in all it was a great night. We had a small incident though. At one point during the night, two OU fans stood right in front of us blocking our view of the stage. After pretending to plant my foot on their asses and shove as hard as I could, I decided that the better thing to do would be to ask the waitress to get them to move. She tried, but the bitches blew her off. A couple more boot to ass motions. So I got up and sweetly, nicely asked if they could move, and one girl turns around and says, "Then stand up." OH. NO. YOU. DID. NOT. Now I would expect this behavior from 20 year olds, but these ladies were in their 40's. Now, I know I can't expect perfect behavior from OU fans, but good grief. Even, H, our Bachelorette got up and said that she too was an OU fan and that we all just wanted to have a good time. No dice. So, I am going to find a manager. As I walk towards the bar, one of their friend's says, "I'm really sorry about my friends, they don't get out much." Okay, I thought, that was nice, I will let it go. As I turn around to walk back to the table, the ladies walk up and the one who told me to stand up says, "We're just trying to have fun, you need to chill, bitch." Whoa Nelly! I said, "No, you need to chill, BITCH." and walked away, seething. OMG I can't believe the nerve. 5 years ago I would have gotten in a fight and things would have been ugly, but I am not that person anymore. (I also don't know all the bouncers and managers anymore. sheepish grin; sidebar, I used to love just going to get a bouncer and standing back and just watching as people got kicked out of the bar, oh that was so much fun, good times.) So I sit back down as they are out of the way for now. 2 minutes later they are back and standing in front of us again, ON PURPOSE. Did I mention one of the ladies dances like a sick chicken? Bouncing up a down and trying to move her hips, but her rhythm was lost, somewhere around, oh, childbirth. Think of a pogo stick with an OU hat on, but her feet didn't come off the ground. So, Amanda gets up to go get a bouncer. They ended up getting a table right next to us before a bouncer made it over there. I was so mad! So, what do I do? I sent them a shot. I know, I don't remember when I became a nice person, but apparently I can't help doing stupid nice things now. When they got their shots, I walked over and said, "Here's to having a good time." One lady loved me for the rest of the night. Her sick chicken friend was still kind of a bitch, but hey, she has to live with herself everyday, not me. Two ladies sitting next to us who had watched the whole thing said they couldn't believe I just did that. Well, the only thing I can think of is my husband did this to me. He has gone and made me a better person. So the moral of the story, It never hurts to be the better person.

I amazingly didn't feel too bad Sunday morning. We got up and drove home which should have been uneventful. Unfortunately for construction outside of Corsicana, TX, we sat on the highway for an hour. Yes an hour. The car was OFF. We sat and watched a horrible display of stupidity as car after car got off the highway and headed south on the feeder road. Well I know this sounds like a good idea, but as we quickly figured out, everyone who did this eventually came back north. Every single one. Okay, so we may be smarter than your average bears, but for an hour only 3 people went north when they drove across the grass to the feeder. 3 people. So those three people get the Jazzy brilliant award for Sunday. Actually it was only 2.5 as one girl did a complete 360 degree turn on the highway before driving across the grass to the feeder. Why, I don't know, but she still went north. My favorite was when people who had gotten off were coming back north and they started driving across the grass to get back on the highway. I don't think so. We watched a truck almost get stuck. Proof that it could always get worse. Unfortunately/Fortunately for us, T's car was too small and we couldn't drive across the grass, so we sat. For an hour.

Well, exciting news today. We are going at 6:00 this evening to meet with the owners of the house we want to buy. Contract talk! I am so excited, but don't want to get my hopes up. Pray for us!!!!

Now I better go do some work.

No comments: