Friday, November 26, 2004

Giddy with holiday cheer

I am giddy with holiday cheer. Some of this may be due to the 3 cups of coffee had today. I normally drink one. Add to that a little peppermint syrup from Starbucks and mmmmm. I am at work today, but it is a great day. We move into our house tomorrow and I will be sitting in said empty house waiting for a brand-spanking-new washer and dryer and king sized bed and I don't care if I don't have anything to sit on.

I am also seriously considering going to buy a Christmas tree and setting that up while I wait in the empty house. This is odd for so many reasons. Normally I am a week-before Christmas type of gal. I don't want to listen to holiday music before a week before Christmas. I do very little shopping before the week of the holiday. I don't have holiday cheer until the week of. But this year is different.

This year we are in our first house. This year is our one year anniversary. On top of that, the lobby of the hotel I work at is decked out and ready for the holiday and it is so absolutely beautimous that I smile every time I walk through it and I cannot wait for Christmas. This is the life.

I am sitting at my desk blogging, listening to the Texas vs. Texas A&M game, (Hook Em! Go Longhorns!) and counting the minutes til my event tonight when I can see the spirit of the season in the eyes of children.

Hoping you are having as blessed a day as I am. Here's to holiday cheer!

No comments: