Thursday, November 04, 2004

Thursday Bookworm

Week Two of Thursday Bookworm

"All books are either dreams or swords,You can cut, or you can drug, with words."--Amy Lowell

This week, the Worm is discussing those that wield the "dreams" and "swords" we read... the authors.

1. Do you have a favorite author? Who is it, and which of their works do you recommend that we read? (If you have more than one, feel free to list them!)
Nicholas Sparks is my favorite Author. He wrote The Notebook, which is my favorite, but I enjoy all of his books. My next favorite is his latest which is more of a memoir called Three Weeks With My Brother. I suggest you read some of his others first as Three Weeks With My Brother talks about how his life shaped some of his books. Some other books of his include, Nights in Rodanthe, The Rescue, A Walk to Remember, Message in a Bottle, and The Wedding. I also like Dean Koontz and Patricia Cornwell.

2. Who would you consider your least-favorite author? How many books have you read by this person, and why do you dislike them? (Again, if there is more than one, list away!)
I don't really have a least favorite author. If I don't like a book, I won't read it and certainly won't read any others by that author.

3. Do you ever purchase a book solely based on the author's name, without even knowing what the book is about? Have you ever been disappointed by something they wrote? Nicholas Sparks and Dean Koontz. Never been disappointed by either.

4. Have you ever met one of your favorite authors, such as at a book signing or a reading? Did they act as you had expected, or were they completely different from the way you had pictured them? Nope.

5. Do you check out your favorite author's website or blog on a regular basis? No.

No comments: