Monday, November 01, 2004

Rainy Monday

Well, it's raining cats and dogs here and I am still drying off from walking into work. My feetsies are cold too! The weekend was fairly uneventful and over way too fast.

First I would like to apologize for grossing everyone out with my feet stink post. I won't do it again.

Friday, Hubby and I went to vote. It wasn't too bad. I found going over there though, I was nervous. After all I am almost thirty and have never voted. Would I know how to do it? We waited in line about 15 minutes and then walked inside. The whole wait I spent pondering whether I was going to vote a straight ticket or just vote for President as I didn't really know enough about any other candidates to intelligently vote for or against them. I won't tell you what I did, because frankly it is none of your business, but I am very glad that I voted. In an earlier post I joked that I was voting to cancel out my hubby's vote. That is really not true. I think my main reason for voting this year was that I realized the importance of being able to vote. So many people do not have that right. It regret that I have not voted every year I had the chance. I am free to voice my opinion in this country (as long as I don't drastically disagree with our government ;-)) and I should use that right. I have taken that right for granted and will not do it any longer. If you haven't voted, get off your butt and vote. Now.

Saturday we had a wedding. They met through me. I met D, the groom via internet dating. We never actually dated, but became friends and would hang out a lot. H was a friend and colleagues sister that I invited to live with me at one point because she was commuting an hour and half to work every day. We lived together for about 2 years. We all used to hang out and H and D became close and eventually started dating. They are a beautiful couple and their wedding was great. Hubby said it was the best wedding he's been too. The ceremony was humorous. The officiant, the bride's grandfather, was leading too many lines at once during the vows and the groom finally looked at him like he was crazy and couldn't remember all that he was trying to repeat. It was funny. The wedding was all in all a great event.

After the wedding we were staying at the bride and groom's house to take care of their pets. 3 days, a bird and a fish. It took me an hour to get their great dane back in the house so we went to bed around 3 AM only to be awakened at 6 AM because I forgot to cover the bird's cage and it was talking up a storm. I finally went out and covered the cage and caught a couple more z's between the occasional squak and the great dane's big tail slapping the floor.

Sunday I was a complete bum. Took hubby to work, came home and went back to bed. Watched Farenheit 9/11. Disturbing to say the least. I am a cynic when it comes to politics and government. I think we get about 90% BS and 10% truth. This goes for media as well whether it is the nightly news, 60 minutes or a documentary about politics. the American people are not stupid (in general). Give us the truth and let us form our own opinions rather than shoving our opinions down our throats.

This isn't about Bush or Kerry, this is about our country. We are all on the same side supposedly so why the name calling and backstabbing. We want our children and ourselves to be safe. We want our freedoms, although with so many people trying to take our freedoms away, I am unsure if that is still what we want. Why after all these years are we trying to change what this country was based on? I don't get it and it all just makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm done with the rant, have a happy monday.

Oh, one more thing, Brandie is awesome and great for adding on to the Boopy Tale! Go read it! She is a great writer and I want to read more. I will add on in a little while. Feel free to add your own part of the story.

No comments: