Friday, November 26, 2004

Turkey Day and all that Jazz

Well, yesterday was a pretty mellow day. Hubby and I spent most of the day packing and cleaning up. Laundry and such so we don't have to lug dirty duds to our new digs.

We headed into town about 3:00 to visit with Great Aunt B and then headed to my families Thanksgiving destination for stuffage. Hubby and I in our packing frenzy only stopped long enough to scarf down two Eggos each so we were starved and thankful for food of any kind by the time we got the my family's house.

It was calm and casual and I managed not to stuff myself beyond comfort. I only ate dinner in order to get my Stepmom's pumpkin pie. After dinner and dessert I was told I was a grown up (really?) and could have dessert first if I wanted it. What a waste! Not really, everything at dinner was delicious.

We stopped by my MIL and saw Nana and MIL. Watched a little Grinch and then headed home.

I'm at work today and trying very hard not to work. I have an event this evening so it just made sense to work the whole day. Trying to catch up on my Blogroll which is getting out of hand.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and a great weekend.

We are moving into our new/first house tomorrow and I am jumping out of my skin with excitement. I can't wait to wake up that first day in our new home.

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for:
our first home
a year married to my wonderful husband
my wonderful family
my friends
that I have a job that I love (most of the time)
that I have a roof over my head and the means to play as much as we do
that I have a car that runs (I hope I am not tempting fate with that one)
and much more...

No comments: