Monday, November 15, 2004

Weekend Recap

Well, I will do my best to recap the weekend.

"The Girls" decided to plan a fun filled weekend at one of the girl's parents' house in Fredricksberg. So on Friday at 1:00, six of us all piled into one Tahoe and managed to pack in all of our stuff. We piled in and began the 5 hour drive from Houston to Fredricksberg. The ride there consisted mostly of talk about kids, and pregnancy and breastfeeding and the like. Out of 6 of us 3 have kids. Of the other 3, one isn't sure she wants them at all, one is probably going to have them, but isn't ready just yet, and me, well I can't wait. Tam may never have kids after all the things she heard this weekend.

Anyway, I will pretty much recap the quick version:

Stopped at Sonic (First stop) barely out of town and got food and drinks. Couldn't find Sher's drink even though she was sure Laurie had it. Called the waitress back and finally found the drink - in between Laurie's legs. Blond moment.

We had lots of instances of Laurie forgetting she was driving because she was paying so much attention to a story being told.

We sat around the fire on Friday night and drank wine and talked. L opened her birthday presents and we ate awesome lasagne that S made. S and B and I stayed up until 3:00 AM. Saturday we walked around and shopped in Fredricksberg. I didn't buy too much, and L didn't buy anything, but the other girls bought and bought. Eventually, L and I were done with the whole shopping thing and kind of just walked ahead of everyone freezing our butts off. We headed back to the house and stopped off at the Wagon Stop (for the second time during our trip.) Laurie thought it would be fun to buy six scratch offs and give one to each of us. We get back in the car, scratch off the first set and between the six of us, win 6 dollars. So I get sent back into the store to use our 6 dollars for 6 more tickets. Back to the car, scratch, win 8 dollars. I trek back in and buy 8 more. At this point, I am considering moving into the Wagon Stop. Buy, scratch, win 5. Trek, buy, scratch 1$. We decided to donate that 1$ to gas money. I was done going into that silly store. Then we went to Lukenbach, Texas. Not quite what I expected. We were the only girls in the place really except for one burly looking girl. We had to walk through this little bitty bar where people were just sitting around playing guitar in order to get to the bathrooms which were outside. Anyway, I went to Lukenbach, I bought a T-shirt, I took a picture.

Saturday night we went out to Mamacitas for Laurie's birthday and had the whole restaurant look at us when we walked in. We weren't dressed for downtown Houston, but I guess you could say we were dressier than the rest of the restaurant. You can take the girls out of the city... We then went to a local Beer Garden (It sound better when Sherri tries to say Bier Garten in a German accent) and were entertained by a band called the Gypsy Cowgirls. We thought the lead singer was a man until Tam and I ran into "her" coming out of the bathroom. We were also entertained by a girl who danced on her chair to almost every song. She eventually came over to talk to us and ended up bugging the crap out of us all night by saying, "loosen up, it's your birthday," to Laurie repeatedly and trying to get her to dance on her chair. We also got the pleasure of watching one of crazy girl's friends pull the bartender into the bathroom. Good Times.

Things that were said this weekend, things that will make you go. WHAT?

I never get to do me. - Bekah
Crack kills. - Tam
When I was mounting... the car. - Sherri
Do you mind if I pull your pants down? - Sherri (No it's not like that, get your mind out of the gutter)

There are more of those quotes from the weekend, but I can't remember them right now.

Well, that's the quick recap.

No comments: