Friday, November 12, 2004

Hi! Em here for Jazzy!

So Jazzy asked me to keep her blog up and running while she is gone for the extended weekend. While I am more than glad to do this I must say I am sad that I'm not with her. See she and I belong to the same bunko group and everyone that could is going away this weekend. I had planned on going but some personal stuff got in the way and now I'm staying home. But the good news is - you get to read my posts on Jazzy's blog! Aren't you excited!?!?

She has given me a couple of suggestions of what to write while she's away because I threatened to put up old pictures from high school so she decided that rather than give me free reign over her site she would tell me what I could put here. BUT ... she's gone until Monday so you can read what I put up here and then I'll change it before she gets back. Okay no, I wouldn't do that to Jazzy! I do have my own blog I'm trying to keep up so I may or may not post as often as she does.

She suggested that I either tell you about our high school days or give her some advice about having a baby. I guess since she is starting to think about it and I've already had three - she thinks I might have something to say about it. But let me start with this.

WARNING: This story makes me look like a much more terrible person that I am. Even Jazzy would tell you - I'm not this evil - but the story doesn't make me look too good.

Jazzy dated my husband before me - I mean immediately before me - like there was probably less than a week between the time that she asked me to give him a note to break up with him (yes, I know what you are thinking - but we were in high school and we did stupid things) and the time that he and I started dating. Boy did she hate me for that. Looking back on it I really can't say that I blame her. I'd probably have hated me too. What kind of evil person was I? She and I parted ways after we graduated and I married him. It wasn't until our 10-year high school reunion that we talked. I couldn't believe she didn't still hate me - but she was very much in love with her hubby (fiance at the time) and was so incredibly sweet about forgiving me. Honestly, you guys, I didn't deserve her forgiveness. She had every right to hate me and keep on hating me. I had been a terrible friend to her. But do you know what she said to me?

She said that we couldn't worry about things that happened in the past. She said that we are who we are now because of those past experiences and good or bad they are what they are.

Okay - say it with me now... "Aw...that't so sweet." Seriously though - that's just Jazzy!

Have a very happy Friday! Do your "It's Friday" dance if you have one - sing your "The Weekend is Here" song if you have one! I'll post throughout the weekend and I suppose if there's something you'd like me to write about or questions you have about Jazzy - feel free to leave them in the comments and I'll answer as we go!

No comments: