Thursday, November 18, 2004

Guess what time it is?

Time for Boopy Randomness...

I just said, "I get good options." to a co-worker and it somehow sounded dirty. Still laughing...

This is the lady I renamed Lula, because well it fit her better than her real name. She renamed me Atty. I had to ask why. Because of my attitude. I have a very short fuse for stupid people. And childish ones also. And lazy ones. Did I mention it feels like I babysit 7 managers (grown up ones) on a daily basis?

Next weekend will be my one year wedding anniversary. What have I learned in the one year I have been married?

  • I've learned that sometimes neither of you are right and neither of you are wrong, you are both just in a bad mood.
  • I've learned that sometimes it's the situation not the person that annoys you.
  • I've learned that what I imagined love to be for 28 years was not nearly as good as the love I have experienced in the last 2 years.
  • I've learned that I hate seeing my husband stressed.
  • I've learned that if I scratch his neck, he will forever be grateful to me. If I do it every single day, well then he doesn't complain and whine.
  • I've learned that I can drink a half a bottle of wine and not be hungover.
  • I've learned that there is no one I have more fun with than my husband.
  • I've learned what it is like to be told "I love you" in the middle of the night, almost every night.
  • I've learned what it is like to be told I am beautiful in the middle of the night. (No we are not doing THAT, nor is he trying to get THAT.)
  • I've learned what it really means to be taken care of by someone other than my parents.
  • I've learned that I can always be a better person and he makes me want to be everyday.

Collective Awwwww

sigh

Onward with the randomness

For some reason at lunch yesterday I was reminded of a high school experience with a bed.

Not THAT kind of experience! It was my junior year in high school and I was part of BBYO (no, not Bring Beer of Your Own) but B'nai Brith Youth Organization. Yes, half of me is Jewish. The other half, well I haven't found it yet. So anyways... In BBYO there are like 5 girl groups and 5 boy groups and the girl groups nominate boys from the 5 boy groups to become there Beaus. Each year, 4 boys are picked as Beau Nominees and get to be spoiled and such by the girls and at the end of 6 weeks or so (I don't remember exactly anything) the girl group votes for one of the boys to be their Beau. Said boy is then Beau for the next year and gets to hang out with a bunch of girls all the time. What more could a high school boy ask for? On the flipside (did I really just say flipside?) the boy groups nominate 4 girls for Sweetheart and said girls get to hang out with group of boys for 6 weeks (yea!) and at the end of 6 six weeks the boys vote for their Sweetheart.

You still with me? You in the corner, wake up, you're drooling!

Anyways, my junior year, I got nominated for Sweetheart. Normally when you get nominated you find out by the boys surprising you at some ungodly hour in the morning and kidnapping you to go pick up the rest of the Noms (nominees, stay with me). Well, mine wasn't so much as surprise because, long story short, one of my good friends did not get nominated and her mother felt the need to call my stepmother for some mean reason that I can't remember now, and for some other reason I can't remember now, my stepmother told me that I had been nominated. I think she was just so excited and was worried that my friend might say something so she told me first.

Moving on with boring story... The morning of Nom pick up I had trouble sleeping. I had picked out my prettiest/cool/I look good in the morning pajamas and I was ready! At 5:00 AM that Saturday morning, I lay in my bed as I heard the bus stop outside. As I pretending to sleep, I heard 30 boys "sneak" into my room and before I knew what hit me, they all jumped on top of my bed. And then the bed broke! I hadn't even done THAT yet for the first time, but here I was with 30 boys in my bed and the bed broke. Only now does the irony hit...

I'll leave you for now with that sordid little tale.


No comments: